I’ve been fortunate enough to be nominated for three awards this week. It’s encouraging to get an award because it means someone likes my blog and it allows me to share some of the blogs I follow. I’m combining my responses. I will post each separately, and for those I nominate please remember, there is no obligation to accept or forward the awards to other bloggers.
(1) Thank you to slepsnor of Legends of Windemere for nominating me for The Liebster Award.
This award is designed for bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The rules are:
* Share eleven facts about yourself with your fellow bloggers.
* Make sure to answer the awarder’s eleven questions.
* Ask eleven questions of your own.
* Nominate eleven bloggers for this award.
Eleven Facts about me
- I’ve been married for 30 years.
- My wife is a heart attack and cancer survivor.
- I’m bipolar. But well managed, mostly.
- I enjoy poetry by Roethke, Dickey, Lowell, Kooser, Olds+
- I play the bass guitar.
- I have eight patents.
- I played World of Warcraft for one and a half years, but rescued my soul a few years back and haven’t played since.
- I’ve been in an armed robbery. (one of the victims, wise guy. :D)
- I survived a head on collision. (both cars going 50 mph)
- I played football in high school and was knocked out twice. (that explains a bunch)
- When I was a teenager I had a job driving tractor and spreading liquid manure on damaged cotton fields.
Eleven Questions to Answer
- What is your favorite pizza topping? — Linguiça, but mostly I avoid pizza.
- Do you have a nickname? If so, what and why? — No.
- Who is your hero? — Anyone who rises above the events in their lives to positively impact others.
- What was the last song you listened to? — “Bleeed” by Joash
- What is your biggest fear? — Having the regret of not trying something important to me.
- If you had a choice between riding an elephant or a camel, which would you choose? Why? — Camel. They spit.
- Is there an animal that you identify with? Why? — I love badgers.
- What is your favorite season? Why? — Fall. It’s when I was married.
- Do you wish I was better at asking questions? — Lol.
- 10. In a fight between King Kong, Dracula, and Kenny from South Park, who would win? — Not Kenny. OMG He’s always getting killed. I’ll say King Kong because the idea of a King Kong sized vampire is horrifying.
- Do you believe that everyone has the ability to be an artist? — Yes. I believe everyone has innate creative capabilities. It is our society that has identified people into slots, like writer, painter, singer.
My Eleven Questions
- What is your quest?
- What is your favorite color?
- Do you like Monty Python’s humor?
- Who is your favorite writer?
- What book are you reading?
- Why do you blog?
- Have you entered any literary contests? result?
- What fictional character would you like to be for a day?
- Coffee or Tea?
- When you are writing, music or quiet?
- What reader reaction are you hoping to achieve?
- Think. Speak. Tryst
- Mark Harwood Writer
- The Letter Vy
- Free Fiction
- Kim Vandel
- Novel Conqueror