Two years. I started this blog two years ago as an accountability partner for myself. To keep myself writing. To track my progress, ups, and downs.
- The act of writing itself
- Encouragement from other WordPress bloggers
- Meeting other writers at the PNWA annual conference
- Working with my first editor
- Working with my author coach
- Finishing a draft of the full book
- Getting positive feedback from agents at a conference
- Getting feedback from family, friends and the writing group
- Learning at conferences and seminars
- Learning from reading so many great novels and writer books
- Revising (Until I learned to enjoy it)
- Writing back story (Until I figured out a method)
- Crap, this is taking a long time
- Man I’m a crappy writer
- I’ll never finish this thing
- I’m so tired of this story
- Killing off my first character
- Switching main characters
- Learning how much I don’t know
- Not being done
It’s been a great journey. I’m 11k words into this current draft. We’ll see if this is the one.
Thanks for riding along with me.