Take one down, chop it around, 98 scenes to edit on the wall.
And so it goes. I’m heads down on the third draft of my first book.
I spent the last few days of December and all of January working on the second book. I got in nearly 30k words. And I like the story so far. Good thing.
But now, back to editing. The third draft “should” be good. I’ve gotten two scenes done this Valentines weekend. I took a four-day writing holiday, President’s day and all.
The goal here is to be done with the third draft before the PNWA writers conference in July. I do well when I have measurable items to accomplish. Just looking at the manuscript as a whole is impossibly daunting. But, looking at it as a collection of scenes to be editing, expanded or deleted makes the effort possible.