This post is being brought to you from the sunny northwest.
I didn’t post yesterday because…it was near 80 in the Seattle area.
And because we were celebrating Mother’s day a week early. My mom was up from Arizona, so my wife and mum got flowers and will get other stuffs today.
That was why I didn’t post yesterday.
And…I realize that I am using up over 50% of my novel writing efforts doing my daily themed blog posts, which are fun…but, I need to slack off on those and focus back on my second draft editing work. Back to work as a writer/author.
But for now: Soundtracking Sunday.
These are the artists which grabbed the majority of my listening time this week:
- David Bowie the new album is pretty awesome, the old stuffs too
- Schuyler Fisk Sissy Spacek’s daughter, really nice voice, good songs
- Taproot ca-ca-ca-calling but I can’t hear you, that song & Poem, rock on
- Opeth my weekly dose of progressive metal, this week a sprinkle of growling, 😀
- Dar Williams she’s…well, she’s fantastic
- The Jezebels love them, such good songs, I especially love their live album
- Botch now defunct, but when you need some hardcore, they are a good choice
- Broken Social Scene ever changing line-up, usually some lovely stuff
- Battles get lost in “Mirrored”, this is what rock may sound like in 15-20 years
- Daughter debut album with Elena Tonra. Deliciously dark, here’s their cover of “Get Lucky” marvelous
Great week ahead with new music from She & Him.
Hope it is sunny and nice where you are located. Consider working on your novel/memoir out in the sun today.