PositiveWriter had a post that relates to where I am living right now…
Tips for helpful feedback
1) Only ask for feedback when the work is ready. Feedback, regardless of what kind, can influence your creative process.
2) Do not ask the wrong people. If you ask someone who is resistant to the type of art you are presenting, then you will increase your chances for negative, unhelpful and counterproductive feedback.
3) Choose only a few people who you respect, who are qualified and open to the type of ideas you have. They should be honest and willing to give you feedback that might not be exactly what you want to hear, but have the goal of helping you shape your work into something great.
4) Ask for specifics and clear examples. Vague statements are unhelpful and can leave you lost as to what to do next.
5) It’s your work. Make the changes you feel comfortable with and then, let go.